The objectives of the Statistics Class are to:
· Collect, compile, analyses, publish and disseminate demographic, health and economic data on the district.
· Undertake monthly market readings on selected goods and services from designated market centres in the District and submit returns to the respective Regional Office of the Ghana Statistical Service for the computation of the following:
ü Consumer Price Index (CPI)
ü Producer Price Index (PPI) and
ü Production Index (PI)
· Enhance the use of statistics for evidence-based decision making
· Harmonize the concepts, methods, and classifications used in production of statistics at all levels
· Systematize the collation of administrative data across sectors and geographical units
· Reinforce the coordination of statistics generation, compilation, analysis, storage, archiving and dissemination across MMDAs
· Strengthen the capacity of statistical staff at the district levels
· Engender statistical literacy among stakeholders
· Maximize revenue generation and utilization.